The stage is set for the 2013 African Cup of Nations (AFCON). Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to grab your vuvuzela and join us on our quest to Unite Through Football…and have one MASSIVE party on the way! Its the AFCON Competition you have been waiting for.
We have been collaborating with Spiga (Durban’s favourite restaurant) on an awesome project that offers Durbanites the opportunity to win a once in a lifetime authentic African adventure in their hometown.
Together we are on a mission to unite like-minded citizens through the love for our beloved 031 & all things football. #UniteThroughFootball
As Durban gets ready to host AFCON, we want to fuel the fire and passion of your African hearts and ultimately show a handful of lucky citizens why our town, why their town, is famous for being South Africa’s playground. (Incidentally, we are addressing this primarily at Citizens as its hard to pitch such a comp at Internationals. But feel free to enter if you are around whilst AFCON is underway.
Two of you stand a chance to win R40 000 worth of a uniquely 031 football experience, along with three friends and your favourite online publication, to tour the streets and townships of Durban. This experience will culminate in an AFCON game at the Moses Mabhida Stadium, along with 50 000-odd screaming fans. It’s a day dedicated to the beautiful game, to uniting through football, to food, to friends and to our Durban.
Here’s what you’re in for should you win:
• Arrive at Spiga, where you meet the crew consisting of your rival team of awesome humans, the journos and bloggers who hooked you up, as well the Spiga and Street Scene crazies who put it all together.
• Get kitted out in threads and accessories to theme. But dress comfy regardless. This is probably where you’ll be chucking down your first beer or three … tough life!
• Jump into the waiting Street Scene Bus and speed off towards INK (Inanda, Ntuzuma and KwaMashu). It’s time to go iKasi style as we jump headfirst into a shebeen-hopping spree. Think beer crates for seats, think thumping tunes out giant speakers, think more fun than any of your friends will have had this year, and last combined.
• Next it’s off to Street Scenes favourite shisanyama tavern to tuck into a feast, which will probably have you become a first time local after the first bite. Then sip on a couple more wetties before jumping back in the bus and heading off to the game
• Arrive at Moses Mabhida (don’t worry about tickets, we got your back) for some vuvuzela-filled football madness. It’s football, and it’s going to be grand!
• After the game it’s back into bus and off to Spiga for post-match celebrations, beer, pizza and good times. Then it’s time to call a taxi to get your partied out crew home.
All that’s required for you to bring is three amigos, a kickass attitude, and a couple bucks for refreshments at the stadium and the taxi home. The rest…is on us.
MECHANICS to enter
Entry into this awesome competition is going to work exclusively through Facebook. Head on through to the Spiga ( www.facebook.com/SpigaDurban ) and Street Scene ( www.facebook.com/StreetSceneDurban ) Facebook pages, hit “LIKE” and click on the Unite Through Football APP on the top right under the banner. Then simply fill out your info and submit. Simple as that!
Alternatively you can go straight to the APP by clicking here: http://bit.ly/10aHA2t
However please note … this competition is primarily for our Durban/KZN followers. Accommodation and travel expenses are not part of the prize. You need to get yourself to Spiga and home afterwards should you win. So if you live over the river and far far away, feel free to enter, but where you rest your head and how you get there is up to you. Should you not be able to get to the Spiga for the start, you forfeit your prize. Sad, but true. Also, you need to be 18 years of age or over to enter.
Before we sign off, a massive thanks to all our sponsors and partners: Spiga, Mango Airlines, Durban Is Yours, GQ Magazine, Kickoff Magazine, Flexifit, PEG, BOS, Big Rush, Nev the Barber, The Factory Cafe, Mookie Noodle, Wakaberry, Happy Hippo Backpackers, Corner Cafe, Savior Brands co, and Lola Malone.
Please note terms and conditions apply.