In an effort to showcase some of Durban’s best, here’s the first in a regular Top 5 blog series- a very short list of the places in Durban where we’ve tasted some good coffee.
1. Colombo Tea and Coffee Co: One of our favourite places to stock up, Colombo sources quality coffee from around the globe.
369 Gale/Magwaza Maphalala Street
2. Corner Cafe: A regular morning coffee stop for the Street Scene crew, this place does eggy toast like no other.
Corner of Cromwell and Brand Streets, Glenwood
3. Bean Green: A family run coffee shop with a focus on creating catchy coffee titles that also has an interesting selection of vinyl.
147 Davenport/Helen Joseph Road
4. Mark Gold: A jewellery store with a difference, this pavement cafe serves reputable coffee just across from Mitchell Park.
469 Innes Road, Morningside
5. Cafe Jiran: An ideal place to spend a slow paced weekend morning, with a choice from a range of internationally sourced coffee.
151 Snell Parade, North Beach
Any other recommendations?